2/26/2009 08:45:00 AM, Posted by Robert Neild, 2 Comments
Dear Seattle 2009 Sperry Top-Sider NOOD Class Contenders,
The online registration is up for the Seattle NOOD.
The event organizers will be adding more information on the Info Center over the next few months. The Notice of Race is located on the Regatta Info Center; please read over to answer any questions you may have.
Class formation deadline is May 4th; each class needs a minimum of six boats for a class to remain eligible to race.
The late fee starts May 4th at 5pm EST. Please keep this is mind when sending registration by fax or mail. The last day to receive a refund or cancel your entry is May 11th. Racing takes place May 15-17th, 2009.
Thanks you for your time and I look forward to seeing you in Seattle!
Sailing World/Cruising World
2/20/2009 02:24:00 PM, Posted by Robert Neild, No Comment
Oregon Corinthian Sailing Association with Corinthian Yacht Club of Portland present The Racing Rules of Sailing for 2009-2012. Presented by Dick Rose - Member, Secretary, and former Chairman US SAILING Racing Rules Committee
- DATE: March 9, 2009 at Portland Yacht Club
- PRICE: $15.00 per person ($5.00 with current student ID card)
- TICKETS: Tickets available at the door
2/20/2009 10:43:00 AM, Posted by Robert Neild, No Comment
The 2009 season is just around the corner and it is time for the spring fleet meeting. There are stories to tell, plans to be made, bets to make, beers to drink.
- DATE: Sunday March 8th from 6PM. Meeting starts at 7PM
- LOCATION: Hopworks Urban Brewery, 2944 SE Powell Blvd (children welcome)
- WEBSITE: http://www.hopworksbeer.com
- DIRECTIONS: http://www.hopworksbeer.com/directions.php
- Welcome new members and boats
- Treasurer report
- Elect officers
- Fleet championship presentation
- Get ready for 2009 Season
- Pick races for the championship
- Discuss additional targeted regattas
- Discuss new rules
- Any additional business
I am looking forward to seeing you there.
2/07/2009 11:24:00 PM, Posted by Robert Neild, No Comment
With 30 boats on the line in Seattle, and strong fleets throughout District 19, as well as the US/World, the J24 offers the ability to compete and learn against some of the best sailors around, and/or just enjoy a competitive Thursday night on the river.
In addition to weeknight and weekend racing, the fleet also has social events throughout the year. New faces are always welcome as crew or new owners. If you are interested in getting involved in a great sailing group, contact John Weil for information about the fleet!
View Larger Map